Sunday, March 05, 2006

Taxi-9211

Last weekend I went to movie TaxiNo-9211 along with some of my project mates. I was planning to catch John Abraham movie for quite some time. Last time it was “Garam Masala” which somehow I could not catch up.

Overall The Film was good but somehow I feel director/s messed up with ending. It was bit stretched after interval (although movie surprisingly was not a three hour movie)... But personally the best thing that happened to me was reminiscing Mumbai... while watching the movie.The hustle and bustle of City of dreams (I mean it)... The taxi drivers, BEST buses and their disciplined bus drivers and conductors and local trains....

The drive to catch up the immediate train to any station inspite of having train frequency of 2 mins at most of stations...... is truly experience which can be realized when somebody lives that life.... Even I was transformed into that attitude of running and catching everything fast.... As John says in movie that "Time is everything in Mumbai"... Before Mumbai experience I never had to run for any thing as every thing is reachable in at Max 1/2 hr from my home which probably is signature and trademark of small sleepy towns.... Outsiders (who are new to Mumbai or visitors) always complain of Mumbai local train travel but I had never felt the trouble to feel angry or complain about it.... Although I had experienced all the involuntarily pushes at entry and exit of train door.... The most fascinating thing about Mumbai and Mumbaikars is never ending urge to move ahead and lack of complacency in all spheres of life…
But one thing I surely felt was that there was a need to upgrade local stations... The stations are heavily loaded and there is need to refurbish the stations with modern look.... The stations can not be made like stations of Navi Mumbai but still lot can be done...

It has been two years since I left Mumbai, Let’s see when I get chance to experience the never say No spirit of “Amachi Mumbai”.........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting...You are proving yourself to be a good critic. Whats more you took a good turn starting from a movie critic ending to a city critic. But for what ever, I do buy the good words about Mumbai. Its really a great place to be but only for people who want to be....

Anonymous said...

The spirit of Mumbai is something i have also been in awe of since my college days when i had been there for about 3 months. The best ting abt the place and the corwd is that they dont wait for somebody to do anything for them; they will go and get it themselves if they really want it. Truly amazing city and amazing people with a great spirit towards life. Salam Mumbai!!!

Neel Arurkar said...

Ah! Thanks for praising my city so much :-)
Yeah..the movie was good and the ending messed up :-(

Anshuman said...

Amitesh>Thanks for ur comments.
Who doesn't want to be in Mumbai? But I guess People have unnecessary apprehensions regarding high cost of living etc...