Friday, February 23, 2007

American Lunch

I have been having veggie American lunch for past 1 month or so since I came here in Minnesota.
Not much options are there for a vegetarian. But I am liking and now used to having a sandwich at Subway,Wendy or Quiznos along with differnt flavours of chips with a Pop(Amercian Name ) for softdrink. I generally I go with diet Pepsi or Coke....

I go along with my Managers and Seniors here, discuss some new topic everyday and come back and ofcourse I never forget to a have refill of Pop.

Once a week I happen to go to Taco bell(Mexican fast food joint). I like Burritos and chalupas for two reasons. First they are served warm(unlike sandwiches) and some what similar to having rajma with bit a salt and pepper wrapped in chappati roll.

Indians love having hot meals.. While American fast food lunches are generally cold and top of it you have chilled pop with ice... I could not fathom why inspite of living in such cold places, people are used to having cold lunches......while Indians living in hot country love to eat hot food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got one of answers that you love to eat hot food in hot regions as it helps you cool down as you perspire more!!!!

Any scientific or otherwise answers you can think of !!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: